We all have friends that are upset, suffer, or just having a bad day. When someone feel sad or upset, it’s hard to find the energy to do anything else – even if it means just getting out of bed and going about their daily routine.
But sometimes just knowing that somebody cares enough to send a few kind words can really lift their spirits and give them the encouragement they need to keep moving forward.
So please take this opportunity today and share one of these encouraging words with your friends when they are feeling down. It will mean so much more than you think!
Share this post with your friends on social media or text them one of these messages today! Let’s show our loved ones how important they are by cheering them up together. 🙂
What do I say when my friend feels down?
If my friend tells me they’re feeling down, I always thank them for letting me know and I will tell them that I’ll always be here to help.
It’s important that as you say these words, let your friend knows that you REALLY mean it.
Here are some of them:
- “Thank you for telling me. I want to help.”
- “It’s okay, you’re not alone.”
- “You are strong enough for anything life throws at you.”
- “It can’t always feel good but it doesn’t mean you’re wrong or bad. You have so many people who support you and want the best for you.”
- “Your feelings are valid and important. I’m always here to listen if you want someone to talk with.”
- “No matter what happens, I’m always here for you and so are your friends.”
- “It’s okay if it doesn’t feel like that all the time. We’ll figure out how to get through this together!”
- “I know this is hard but we’re in it together and nothing can stop us because we have each other”
- “I can’t control the seas, the seas might be very stormy. But you are not in that boat alone.”
- “You can and will get through this.”
- “I’m here for you no matter what, even if it’s just to listen to your feelings!”
- “Why don’t we go out some time next week? We could catch up on things or do something fun together.”
- “You’re not alone in this; I’m here for you if you need me.”
- “It’s hard right now, but it will get better. You’ll see!”
- “Let’s do something to take your mind off of things for a while. Here are some ideas: go out with friends or spend time in nature (bike ride on the trail, walk at the park).”
- “I would take it personally if something happened to someone who is important to me too!”
- “I’m here for you, even when things get hard.”
- “I know how hard it is when you feel like nothing can make you happy, but there are so many things in life that do.”
- “I’m so sorry that you are feeling this way. Please know, whatever you’re going through, it will get better.”
- “You can make anything happen, even if it doesn’t seem possible now!”
- “I’m here for you, no matter what. Even if the only way that we can be there is by encouraging messages like these words on a screen. You deserve the best care I can give you.”
- “Make your own light right now by doing things that make YOU happy. It may not seem like it’s enough at first, but little moments add up into big ones over time and they’ll help pull you out of the hole.”
Encouraging Quotes from Famous People and Song Lyrics
Encouraging words also comes from famous people, song lyrics, or movie dialogue. Here are 30 of my favorite ones:
“Feeling alone, feeling unloved, feeling unwanted and feeling forgotten about is one of the worst feelings in the world, and the hardest to forget. But I hope you never forget that there is someone who’s always by your side and he’ll always love you, always wants you, and always cares about you no matter what.”
“We can’t be afraid of change. You may feel very secure in the pond that you are in, but if you never venture out of it, you will never know that there is such a thing as an ocean, a sea. Holding onto something that is good for you now, may be the very reason why you don’t have something better.”
C. JoyBell C.
“You can’t live in fear of the unknown. You have to take risks, you have to get out of your comfort zone and sometimes it will be really uncomfortable.”
C. JoyBell C.
“You can get a thousand no’s from people, and only one “yes” from God.”
“This life is what you make it. No matter what, you’re going to mess up sometimes, it’s a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you’re going to mess it up. Girls will be your friends – they’ll act like it anyway. But just remember, some come, some go. The ones that stay with you through everything – they’re your true best friends. Don’t let go of them. Also remember, sisters make the best friends in the world. As for lovers, well, they’ll come and go too. And baby, I hate to say it, most of them – actually pretty much all of them are going to break your heart, but you can’t give up because if you give up, you’ll never find your soulmate. You’ll never find that half who makes you whole and that goes for everything. Just because you fail once, doesn’t mean you’re gonna fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always believe in yourself, because if you don’t, then who will, sweetie? So keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling, because life’s a beautiful thing and there’s so much to smile about.”
“Always, always, always believe in yourself, because if you don’t, then who will, Sweetie? So keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling, because life’s a beautiful thing and there’s so much to smile about.”
“How are you going to forget him if you keep talking about him? Darling, when things go wrong in life, this is what you do. You lift your chin, put on a ravishing smile, mix yourself a little cocktail… and out you go.”
Forgiving people isn’t always about giving them another chance. It’s for closure so you can move on.
“Sometimes change is necessary to move on in life. The principles we have may be outdated and may not be the right solutions for a situation.”
Hermann J Steinherr
“As you’re reading this, your life’s getting shorter. Its ticking away. I’m not saying this to frighten you. Or even scare you. Though it may. I’m saying this to awaken you. To inspire you. To rise you out of your deep slumber. To really know you wont live forever. To share your unique gifts. To ignite your great inner fire. To ignite your great inner strength. To ignite your great inner light. To shine. Brightly shine. To awaken your great inner beauty. To motivate. Yourself and others. To love. Yourself and others. To paint. To write. To teach. To innovate. To sing. To dance. To care. To feel. To listen. To learn. To laugh. The clocks ticking. The world needs you. Make your move.”
“Hey, good morning! Rise and shine. As you open your eyes to greet the morning sun, I wish that you would be well and fine.”
“I can’t do anything about the past, and I don’t know what the future holds. But when I wake up in the morning, I can make up my mind to do my best to enjoy my day, I will strive higher, rise above obstacles and live in health, abundance and victory. I submitted myself to God and my all is in his hands. God will strengthen my weakness and He will heal my pain and bruises.”
Bel Claveria Carig Martinez
You fall, you rise, you make mistakes, you live, you learn. You’re human, not perfect. You’ve been hurt, but you’re alive. Think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, and to be with people you love. Sometimes there is sadness in our journey, but there is also lots of beauty. We must keep putting one foot in front of the other even when we hurt, for we will never know what is waiting for us just around the bend.
“What an insane night. If people try to use you please stand up for yourself. Never let cold hearted bitches bring you down. Rise above shit!”
“Don’t be afraid to adapt new ingredients into your own techniques, and traditional ingredients into new recipes.”
“Life is full of obstacles. You can turn around and give up, go around them, or rise above them!”
“The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.”
“Get going. Move forward. Aim High. Plan a takeoff. Don’t just sit on the runway and hope someone will come along and push the airplane. It simply won’t happen. Change your attitude and gain some altitude. Believe me, you’ll love it up here.”
“Sometimes you have to bite the bullet. Not only must you learn to accept their gaze with your eyes but also with your heart.”
“Cry out loud once, then look in the mirror and shake it off. I’ve cried like that before and others will have times like that too. Cheer up. You’re not alone.”
“If you have a dream, then you shouldn’t give up no matter what. You can’t be successful if you don’t fail.”
“The only time you should ever look back, is to see how far you’ve come.”
Butterfly by BTS
“Live your life. It’s yours anyway. Don’t try too hard. It’s okay to lose.”
Fire by BTS
“You’re doing well. When things are hard I’ll run with you, don’t worry.”
Grow Up by Stray Kids
“Even a falling star still shines”
Daniel Armand Lee a.k.a. Tablo
“No matter how hard people try to break you down, or whoever tries to stomp on you. You will always have the same value, no none can change you.”
“Don’t be pushed around by the fears in your mind. Be led by the dreams in your heart.”
Roy T. Bennett
“When you find yourself doubting how far you can go, just remember how far you have come. Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome. YOU CAN DO IT!!!”
“When we least expect it, life sets us a challenge to test our courage and willingness to change; at such a moment, there is no point in pretending that nothing has happened or in saying that we are not yet ready. The challenge will not wait. Life does not look back. A week is more than enough time for us to decide whether or not to accept our destiny.”
“Believe in yourself. You are braver than you think, more talented than you know, and capable of more than you imagine.”
Roy T. Bennett